Oct 17, 2010

Scary business sense

The family and I went out today for our regular weekend date (lunch and a little shopping). No need to be jealous, that usually means Pizza and the shoe store, my kids grow out of shoes very fast. Anyways, today's trip was to pick out costumes. I was quite excited! I happen to be a fan of Halloween and I needed a break from deciding between Iron man or buzz light year shoes.

The first shop we visited was filled with morbid and gory decor. Unfortunately that wasn't the worst part, you needed a flashlight to get around. Literally. The light was dreadful!!! I was so annoyed we ended up walking out.

The next shop was a lot better. They still had the scary decor but at least they had decent lighting. We were finally able to pick out some costumes. My disappointing shopping trip got me thinking. "AM I THE ONLY ONE ANNOYED BY THE STYLE OF HALLOWEEN STORES OUT THERE?". Honestly, not very young family friendly, AT ALL! Gory, bloody, dreadful lighting...don't get me started on the inappropriate costumes.

I love, LOVE Halloween but I cant say I am a fan of this trend. Am I the only one who thinks this way? Tell me I am not alone...THAT would be scary!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't even have kids and I agree... I try my BEST not to step into Halloween stores anymore. I'm now into just trying to create the costumes ourselves or ordering items on-line.

Allyson/HBMomof2 said...

I completely agree also. I have a 7 year old and a 3 year old who both beg NOT to go to the party supply store at this time of year. (Totally unusual, especially because ungodly amounts of time and money are spent there regularly.) This particular store used to limit it to one aisle, but now it is everywhere. Unfortunately, 7 year old's birthday is in October, no avoiding it. I had to cover two sets of eyes until we were in "safe zones." We couldn't even look at costumes due to so many of the tween costumes being completely inappropriate and total hoochie wear! I, too, am making our costumes and leaving the kids at home if I need something from any Halloween section, just about anywhere.

The Challenge is on

The Challenge is on
Follow along

Popular Posts