Mar 12, 2009

Short and Sweet

Strawberry shortcake..that girl is sooo sweet just like her name, Strawberry shortcake! Can you tell I have a young daughter? We sang that song while putting this weeks tablescape together.

That is my daughter, NOT getting in the picture.

This is the inspiration for the table.
I found it at a thrift store over the weekend. I buy Christmas stuff whenever I find it and just store it away till the end of the year. It's fun because I like opening my bins and finding stuff I forgot I bought. My DH doesn't think it's NORMAL. But anyways cute place mat right?I was thrilled it was reversible. So I thought hmm it kinda reminds me of Vintage Strawberry Shortcake. So before I stored it away I thought I could try and pull off a tablescape with random things around the house. Granted my house has LOTS of random things, but this is how it went.First, a bowl. It has a cute little Turkey painted on the inside. It is actually not mine. My sister in law left it over Thanks giving last year (Yes Molly I have your turkey bowl hostage...I don't think you really read my blog like you say you do, but if you did...)
and I added a grass mat

and a cute little watering can with some flowers,
a matching bow and Shortcake herself.



Brilliant right?! Well not really I suppose...but my daughter does seems to think so.


Free Signature Generator

No turkey bowl was hurt during this segment.

Pull up a chair it's

18 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Natalie, this is just a very, very cute table! What little girl wouldn't just love this or big girl for that matter? It is fun and whimsical! Just darling!

Happy Tablscape Thursday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

amy & lisa said...

My 4 year old niece wants a Strawberry Shortcake party in August when she turns 5! I love strawberry shortcake. :)

Where did you get the grass mat? I've been looking and I did find some at a Prom decorating place...maybe Stumps, can't remember. But they were tissue. Is yours tissue?

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

Natalie, you are so inspirational! I hope you don't mind, I have done a post about your tablescapes today.

Katy said...

Lovely inspiration and you carried it out so nicely. Great job! Thanks for sharing! ~Katy

michelle said...

seriously brillant :)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Oh it is so sweet. I am sure your little girl just loved it! Great use of your items!!

Barbara Jean said...

What a cute little tablescape.
I love the little centerpice.

My favorite part? That you did it with your daughter!!

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Chandy said...

Brilliant is the word I'd choose! Love this table! Great job!

Unknown said...

Loved Strawberrry Shortcake!!! What a fun table!

Frost said...

awwww so cute natalia very cute i love it so cute and so funny

Frost said...

oh funny i just realized that your page also looks like a strawberry shortcake theme as well!jahahaha

Anonymous said...

Natalie, this table is the cutest!!

A Darling and Delightful Journey said...

This is absolutely adorable. And it looks like so much fun! You are such an inspirational mom! I love how hands on and fun you are!

Candy said...

Love, Love, Love it!!! Bright, cheery, and your own cute little Strawberry Shortcake standing at the table. Wonderful, Candy

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Tablescape Thursday

Susan

Kathleen Ellis said...

This is too cute! Great job! My oldest daughter, now 30, absolutely loved Strawberry Shortcake. I pick up little SC items here and there to remind her! I love that is has come full circle!
Have a fabulous weekend!
;-D
Now, off to vote!

Missy Wertz said...

Absolutely adorable!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love it!!! Your centerpiece is just too cute. Strawberry Shortcake brings backs some memories.

The Challenge is on

The Challenge is on
Follow along

Popular Posts